The Amped AC750 wifi range extender with touch screen display extends the range of any 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi network just with a tap of a finger. The Amped TAP-EX2 receives the signal from the existing router, then amplifies and retransmits the signal into a low or no Wi-Fi range area, extending the range of whole-home coverage. With the Amped wireless Touch screen AC750 TAP-EX2 wifi range extender you can experience the unmatched, high power, ultrafast wifi performance for instant streaming of HD content throughout your home and office.
In this blog, we will provide you with information related to Amped AC750 range extender setup. We will try to clear your doubts if you have any for Amped EX750 extender login. Therefore, continue reading this blog to know more about Amped extender.
How to set up Amped AC750 TAP-EX2 range extender?
Place your extender and power on the extender
It is important to find an optimal location to place your Amped extender. The best location to place your Amped extender is midway between your wireless router and your wireless dead zone. Now, attach the antennas to the extender. Attach the power adapter to the available power outlet and to the power port of extender. Power on the extender, the Amped logo will appear on the screen as the unit boots up, and then the dashboard screen will appear.
The Dash board will provide you with the current status of the Amped wireless Touch screen AC750 TAP-EX2 wifi range extender. You have to tap on the ‘Scan’ option to find an available network to extend.
Scan for a 2.4GHz home network to extend
The amped range extender can extend a 2.4GHz network, a 5GHz network and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz simultaneously. The Amped setup wizard will first walk you through the setup of the 2.4GHz network and after that 5GHz network.
- Select the 2.4GHz network that you wish to extend. If you want to extend a 5GHz network only, skip to move on to the 5GHz network selection.
Note: It is recommended to select the wifi network with signal strength greater than 70% for the most reliable connection.
- Enter the security key if your 2.4GHz home network has security enabled.
Scan for a 5GHz home network to extend
- Select the 5GHz that you wish to extend. If you only want to extend a 2.4GHz network, skip this step, otherwise click on ‘Ok’ to move further.
- Enter the security key if your 5GHz hone network is security enabled.
Configure settings for your extended network
The setup wizard will walk you through the setup of 2.4GHz first and then the setup of the 5GHz extended network.
- The default name of your 2.4 GHz extended network is AMPED_TAPEX2_2.4.
- The wizard will copy your SSID and security of your home network if you choose to ‘Clone settings.’ The extended network will have ‘_RE’ at the end of its name.
- You can also enter the security key and network ID manually.
- Tap on ‘Next’ to continue.
- Repeat the steps for 5GHz extended network. The default name of your 5GHz extended name will be AMPED_TAPEX2_5.
Summary of Setup
Now, you can connect the devices to the extended network using the Wi-Fi network name and password on the screen. You can also attach the device to the wired port which is on the side panel of the extender.
The Amped AC750 range extender setup is now completed.
What to do if you have problems while accessing the web menu?
If you face problems while accessing the web menu, you can try these things.
- Disconnect your computer from all the Wi-Fi networks.
- Attach an Ethernet cable between your computer and Amped range extender.
- Open your web browser and go to the default Amped web address ampedwireless.com again.
How to reset your Amped AC750 wifi range extender?
There are three methods to reset your Amped AC750 TAP-EX2 range extender to its factory default settings:
1.The Right panel of the extender:
Press the ‘Reset’ button for a few seconds. You may need a sharp object like a paperclip or pencil to access the button. Pressing the button for few seconds will reboot your range extender.
Tap the ‘reset’ through the touch menu: click on the ‘settings then Management and then on ‘Reset.’ Now, tap ‘Reset all settings.’
You can also access the ‘Reset’ button through the web menu. To reset, click on ‘More Settings’ >Management> Reload setting. Now, select ‘Restore all settings to default.
This blog provided you information on Amped wireless Touch screen AC750 TAP-EX2 wifi range extender. If you have any issue with Amped EX750 extender login, you can call us on a toll-free number. We have a team of router/extender experts who can provide with effective troubleshooting tips on Amped range extender. So, get in touch with them today to enjoy the benefits.